Apparently, this needs to be said…
- Being white-passing does not mean that you are always white-passing.
- Being white-passing does not mean that you always have white privilege.
- Being white-passing does not mean that you have a “white person” mentality.
- Being white-passing does not mean that you never experience racism.
- Being white-passing does not mean that you are not discriminated against at a societal or institutional level.
What white-passing can mean
- In general, or in certain places/situations/etc., that you pass as white.
- That you experience white privilege in those certain places/situations/etc. that you pass as white.
- Often times, white-passing people experience less racial discrimination and racism than those who do not.
- People feel offended and upset when you don’t identity as white.
- People questions and try to invalidate your race/ethnicity because you are white-passing.
- And white-passing can especially mean that white people say racist shit in front of you and expect you to laugh…and then get upset when you call them out on it.
I’m not speaking for all white-passing people. Each person has their own experiences. I am only speaking for my experience and what I see, or what has been statistically proven. So, yeah.
"But be nobody’s darling;
Be an outcast.
Qualified to live
Among your dead."
Wild before and after shot of Kiev’s Independence Square | Reddit
Dear world, is anyone listening?? A truce has been declared, although no one is sure how that will work, or if it will last.
"Words were different when they lived inside of you."
Benjamin Alire Sáenz (via sacajaguido
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe ❤️